Holder Tractors is currently seeking a highly motivated
Diesel Tractor Mechanic – 421 heavy Equipment or 310T Truck and Coach License
Position: Road Service Technician as well as at home base in off season
Reports to: Service Manager
- Respond to service calls as required by service contracts with lease customers.
- Inspect and maintain leased and customer owned equipment.
- Diagnose and repair electrical, hydraulic, hydrostatic, a/c and all subsystems of municipal tractors.
- Maintain and repair attachments on leased and customer owned equipment.
- Test repaired equipment to ensure proper performance in accordance with manufacturers specifications.
- Clean, Lubricate and perform other routine maintenance work on equipment.
- Perform inspections, repairs and reconditioning of equipment when returned from leases (at HTI headquarters in off season).
- Maintain service truck parts inventory, service truck tools.
- Maintain proper documentation including filling out of work orders and documenting repairs performed. Documentation of parts consumption on work orders when on service calls.
- On Call from Oct – April
- When at home base hours are from 7:30 – 4:30
- Fast paced environment
- Physically demanding, noise, heavy lifting.
- Boot allowance
- Health Plan
- Completion of high school
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience
- Strong organisational skills
- Strong diagnostics, troubleshooting skills
- Hydraulics and electronic skills
- Reading and writing
- Critical thinking skills
- Steel toe boots/shoes
- Must have own tools (for in shop). Tools supplied when on call with service truck.
- Attention to detail
- Own transportation to and from work (no public transport available)
- Valid driver’s license with clean abstract
- Forklift experience would be an asset
- Ability to deal with customers and maintain professional work attitude
- Ability to follow instruction, communicate with Service Manager and Parts Personnel
- Focused and task oriented with strong focus on getting the job done in a timely manner to reduce equipment downtime.
Please submit resumes to admin@ or fax (613) 443-9600 holdertractors.com